Wednesday, August 4, 2010

8/2/10


This day started with breakfast at a family favorite (Starbucks of course!) I can't believe the girl didn't know what a "dirty chai" is?! Jason has come to realization that if the Starbucks in your city or town doesn't have a mug with your city or town on it...you aren't a city or town. Anyway, moving right along...after breakfast we left the loneliest state I know. Final destination-NEBRASKA!
From one end of Wyoming to the other there was nothing (and I do mean NOTHING) but construction and "reduced speed ahead" signs, but our "Fearless Leader" didn't let that stop him, even when there was law enforcement right there on the road with us! Everyone was playing by the rules observing all traffic laws, you know, playing it safe and out of nowhere comes Mr. King and he blows right by the officer! (okay he slowly passed the officer and quickly got back in line, but no one else had the nerve to pass her!) Ceara and I just knew he was going to get a ticket, but thankfully, he didn't :)
Next stop, lunch! Still in the loneliest place I know ( Wyoming takes a LONG time to get through!) but at least we had an awesome server named "Frankie" She was super cool, and if I ever figure out how to add pictures to this thing, you will get to see her :) Okay, bellies full and bladders empty we hit the road, yet again...
Finally! We enter NEBRASKA! As soon as we enter this state, Ceara perked right up and said "This is what I love!" and I asked her, what is that? She points to her right and says "See that over there?" and I say "yes" and she points to her left and says "see that over there?" and I say "yes" and she yells, "rows and rows of CORN! I love this place, where your food is just right there! There's nothing in between you and the things that you eat!" How sweet! Now Jason has been in the car with the boys all this time and they have been listening to "the funk" ( I don't know) music and then "Funk Master Father" started free-styling about Cadillacs, moving to Germany, and how his kids didn't know he had such a wicked flow...man, I wish I could have been there for that! Okay, so we arrive at the hotel to our own personal welcome committee! (Okay, it was my friend Tori and her daughter Meagan) Checked in, unloaded and unleashed the children on the pool! They had tons of fun with that.
Then it was time to pick Tey up from the bus station. So my friend and I get in the car and turn on the radio and what do we hear?! "Lincoln Ne is in a tornado warning until blah blah blah...WHAT? You've got to be kidding, well I should have known, this trip will be anything but uneventful. Needless to say, those sirens that were sounding must have just been a warning, letting everyone know...the King's are here! Take cover!! Okay, okay, we got Tey went back to the hotel room, kicked Tori and Meagan out (nicely) and hit the sack! Wonder what's in store for us today?...

No comments:

Post a Comment