Tuesday, August 31, 2010

8/30/10

Once we reached L.A., it was GO,GO,GO! We never stopped, we could hardly catch our breath! First things first, there was the debate between Magic Mountain and Raging Waters... Jason wanted to do something fun before we left California but we are "Disneyed out". So J posed the question of Magic Mountain or Raging Waters on fb, but when a cousin (there's like a billion of them!)offered to take the kids to Magic Mountain, two out of three kids jumped at the opportunity! That left just us and one of the kiddos to got to the wedding :)
And what a wedding it was!! This wedding was more like a production! This lovely young couple have friends and family from many cultures and so their wedding represented the many cultures that their friends and family come from! The food, the music, the dancing! It was like a party from start to finish! There was American and Guatemalan food, and it was soooo good! There was a Mariachi Band, a fantastic Cuban band, AND American Music! to which Jason and his cousin Patrice danced the night away! We had so much fun and the couple took such good care of their guests! They gave us cool umbrellas and fans for while we sat in the sun and heat and then flip flops for our footsies after all the dancing in our fancy shoes! This was a wedding I will NOT soon forget!Oh and about those cousins, I was wrong, there's like TWO BILLION of them! lol
A couple days later, we finally got a day of rest and "grown up time". Uncle Ruben and Auntie Pat took us for the best foot massages we have had in...I don't know maybe ever! After about 90 minutes of having our feet and bodies pampered, we went and had some of the BEST fish tacos I have ever eaten in my life! BAJA TACO baby!! MMmm good!! The only thing better than that was the delectable cheesecake samplings that Auntie Pat brought home from Harriet's... OMGoodness!! All I can say is Key Lime Pie cheesecake! wowzers!
Pretty much every day after and in between we were off visiting one family member or another. There are an awful lot of people trying to see "CPT America" before he leaves the City of Angels. This means lots and LOTS of meals, and a little bit of cards where Ceara managed to hustle me, her dad, and her uncles out of $11.00!! IN NICKELS!!
Our time in the heart of L.A. is coming to a close it's time to make one more visit to Moreno Valley AKA "the oven" here's where we split up! Kids with yet another cousin, Brenda. While Jason and I went to visit a cousin I had never met before, Pandora in Big Bear ;)
Big Bear was beautiful! And Pandora was great! She was so much fun and we had a great time hanging out with her! It was finally time for some real rest and relaxation! GREAT TIMES! Back to Moreno Valley and it was anything but HOT in fact it was downright chilly! I even had to pull out my sweatshirt in the evening! A welcome change from 115 degrees. We spent the last two days packing everything up and getting ready for our final American adventure...The plane ride.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time, Friend! I'm so glad you were able to do all of this before leaving. That said, I MISS you. I'm SAD *sniff sniff* .... You're getting on a plane to GERMANY; I won't see your sweet face at bible study; I won't see you shakin' your tail feather at the Y; no more late night parenting talks or laughing my head off as you share the latest (insert Christy accent here) 'Okay, kids, sit down, we have to talk....' stories. :)
    Just wanted you to know I love you bunches, Friend. I'll be praying for you. If you are ever in our air space again, you better get your booty to the 253. Ya hear?-!
    Please give the beautiful Ceara a hug and tell her I miss her hugs already! :)
    God Bless you and go before you, King Family!!!
    xo~M.

    ReplyDelete