Saturday, August 7, 2010

8/7/10




My oh my...what a busy last few days. I think I will start with "date night". So, my brother decided he would hang out with the kids so that Jason and I could go and have an evening to ourselves. The night was going so well! Flowers dinner, movie (inception, it was great by the way!) and then...Kazonka, Kaboing! The car breaks down :( It was a great night all the way up to that point too! So we call Tey in the middle of the night (and everyone knows how pleasant She is when you wake her up from her sleep...) to come and pick us up where we are stranded.By the time we get to the hotel room it's 230! Sleep couldn't come quick enough.
Next day, we get the car towed to the shop and let me just take this opportunity to boast a little more about how I have the BEST husband ever because he let the girls go get their hair and tootsies done while he and Robert went and did all the laundry! (Pause for the "aww how sweets!") The car is finished and after dropping some cash on the repair people we are up and running again. Couple things to be thankful for: Praise! That the car broke down in Lincoln where we were surrounded by friends and family that could offer us assistance. Praise! That we have road side assistance on our insurance, so that we didn't have to pay for the tow. After we get the girls prettified, the laundry done and the car picked up, we arrive at our hotel just in time for their "happy hour" free snacks and beverages? yay!
From there we went on to see Jason's old friend, the "Fabulous DJ Romeo" who was DJ-ing at this REALLY classy place (insert sarcasm here...)
Yesterday, 8/6/10 if you're keeping track, the reason we came to Nebraska to begin with. Operation get Tey settled in school is under way! We spend some of the day at the UNL getting all of the paperwork Tey needed signed and turned in and had to make a trip to the IRS only to find out that some guy in NY has stolen my SSN and is working under it!! Sounds bad right? but if I hadn't needed to go get this paperwork for school, then I never would have known! So, I am THANKFUL ;)
So, from UNL on to the barber shop for dad and the boys to get their hairs cut...
This place MY GOODNESS! There were all KINDS of characters in here! And it was very entertaining, btw, this is DJ Romeo's side gig (not really, I think it's his real job) so we got to see him again and his trusty sidekick, I mean, younger brother KB. So cut, cut, cut, laugh, laugh, laugh...good times had by all, up until the moment that some random OLD MAN decides that he wants to hit on Tey, and he's being EXTRA aggressive! So, first he asked Tey for her phone number and she was just honest and said, "I'm not gonna do that" when he asked her why, she let him know that he was OLD and that she is a young girl oh and by the way, that's her father sitting next to him. THIS DUDE! Keeps on asking for her number! Finally he's starting to get belligerent so I get up and tell this man to stop asking she's not going to give the number, and he had the nerve, the audacity to look me in my face and tell me I should let him "take care of her, since she'll be in Lincoln and doesn't know any..." Needless to say I stopped listening to this mans foolishness and quickly gathered up my kiddos, but not before letting him know that he better show some respect AND stop talking to my kid or he was gonna be SORRY!! I might be a little bitter about this still, so I think I'm letting that go, no need to revisit angry feeling ( I was gonna get this guy!!)
So then it's getting kind of late, so we head over to Casa del Stover wehre we will be spending the next couple of nights for grilling and games...Jason says "never scum, twice the king" (Shout out to the Edgren clan <3)
We have one more day in Lincoln, and it's been so adventurous so far! I wonder what else we can get into?

No comments:

Post a Comment